Sunday, September 10, 2017

Day 7: Lorca - Estella

Today I was one of the last ones to leave the albergue...usually I am one of the first! I dozed and stretched while the others got ready and took my time getting going. The idea was to give my body some time to rest and recover. I soon ran into two new friends who had a similar plan. 

My knees felt a LOT better, but my right toes still were a little crunched. At a coffee stop, N helped me re-lace my boots to give my toesies more room. 

Maybe it seems like I am talking about my body a lot... word on the Camino is that the first third is physical, the second third emotional and the last third spiritual. I'm definitely very aware of my physical body hear days. 

There are definitely uncomfortable moments, but there are also magic ones like the rainbow over the path today. 

It was not a long day of walking and it was nice to take my time and really be present and notice details of nature on the way. I enjoyed wandering around Estella, a gorgeous historical town and I made rice and veggies for lunch and dinner in the albergue kitchen. This is a parochial hostel run by volunteers and you simply pay a donation. The volunteers are really friendly - one even gave us small silver shell charms. 

Old town 

Ega river 

I'm not sure of my plan tomorrow as far as how far I will walk (this is usually a major talking point at albergues),  the plan is to see how it goes and see how I feel! 

Kilometers walked: 13.94 (Fitbit), 8.44 (Buen Camino app). I did not get lost today. I did walk around Estella quite a bit. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment