Sunday, September 24, 2017

Day 20: Ledigos - Sahagún

Today was another flat and straight day on the meseta. Some pilgrims skip this section, but others have told me it is their favorite. 

I walked the stone labyrinth at a rest stop:

And admired the houses built into the hills:

And passed into another province of Spain!!! 

AND reached the center point of the Camino:

I continued walking with my two Spanish friends and as we rested on a bench in the shade, we reflected on how far we had come. D is determined to arrive to the ocean in Finisterre (as am I) and E couldn't believe how long we still have to go. I said I felt sad because it is already half over. 

The quote of the day is from D, who said "Esto es vida" (this is life) over a Spanish omelette sandwich second breakfast. :D

Kilometers walked: 19.96 (Fitbit), 15.19 (Buen Camino app). I did walk around town a lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment