Thursday, September 7, 2017

Day 4: Linzoáin - Trinidad de Arre

Today was the first day that my alarm woke me. Today was also the first day that I left in the daylight. In a shared room with just three beds (and people) I slept much better. After good rest, un café con leche de soja and great hospitality at Posada El Camino, I was ready to take on my third day. 
I ended up walking with another guest from the hostal and chatting made time pass quickly. We had breakfast and second coffees in Zubiri and continued. 

The weather was perfect and it felt satisfying to see a less busy camino before me. So far, walkers seem to be moving in very similar stages, which is a less tranquil experience walking and necessitates planning and reservations, something I prefer to avoid so that I can stay open to how my body feels and how the day unfolds. 

This is how you feel sometimes on the Camino. 

The trail threaded through some picturesque villages and followed the Arga River most of the day. 

My new friend and I ended up going farther... somehow we didn't find a village, but it all worked out. We are in the albergue connected to the church and they say it is the oldest on the Camino, dating back to the 12th century. There is a lovely grassy courtyard and it is peaceful. Pamplona is not far, so I will see busy city-ish stuff tomorrow. 

Kicking back for now. :)

There is a kitchen here so I visited the supermarket and and put together a simple salad dinner. 

There are guests from Cataluña, Navarra, France, Japan, South Korea and the Ukraine. At least, those are the ones I have chatted with so far!

Kilometers walked: 30.33 (Fitbit), 23.71 (Buen Camino app). Interesting variation, no?

No comments:

Post a Comment