Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Day 24: León - Oviedo (Bus!)

Like Russian nesting dolls, there are caminos within the Camino. Each etapa, stage, that you walk in one day is a camino and there are times when the path splits and you have a choice of routes. I started the Camino Francés in St. Jean because this is the most well-traveled camino and I wanted to cover the ground that I didn't have time for last year (and I did repeat the Pamplona - Navarrete section), but going forward on the Francés now would mean about two weeks of repetían. Repetition that would not be ugly or bad, just a path already walked. 

This fact directed me to the Camino Primitivo, which begins in Oviedo and also ends in Santiago. I will be covering about the same amount of kilometers and stages, but I will see a lot of Asturias and I'll pilgrim my way on new paths. Here's a park path in Oviedo:

Today is essentially a rest day for me... I did spot a shell in Oviedo, but I had a two hour bus ride and then time to explore another drop-dead gorgeous Spanish city, including another cathedral tour. 





I stocked up on a few mini-size toiletry items and met H from Canada for a salad before tucking myself in for a good night's sleep at the albergue. It's an old school!

A special note: Thanks for following me! I appreciate folks letting me know they are there... I know I have readers in Europe, the US and Asia! This blog started 3 years ago when I moved to Myanmar as a way to share with family and friends back home, but it's growing up! The creative experiment of writing everyday on the Camino has been good for my brain so far, I plan to keep it going. ¡Gracias!

Kilometers walked: 15.33 (Fitbit). Normal travel walking (to and from bus stations) and wandering around Oviedo. 

No comments:

Post a Comment