Monday, September 25, 2017

Day 21: Sahagún - El Burgo Ranero

Today I was still dozing when the 7:15 am alarm sounded. A short walk in the morning light and I met my friends for coffee before leaving the pueblo. The meseta continues!


I realize that perhaps I haven't shown all the Spanish foods since there are some that I can't eat. D helped me out with a few pictures.  

Meat is popular in Spain. 

So are sandwiches on thick bread. Here is one masterpiece. 

And here is our snack stop - an espresso shot for me (walnuts and rice cakes not shown), beers and bocadillos for the boys. 

There are plenty of veggies too. :)

And of course vino. 

Relaxing in the garden:

And the sky and steeple on the walk back to the hostel. 

Kilometers walked: 17.92 (Fitbit), 18.19 (Buen Camino app). Today was another easier day. Tomorrow the pace will pick back up again! 


No comments:

Post a Comment