Thursday, September 21, 2017

Day 18: Itero De la Vega - Villalcázar de Sirga

I slept well in our big albergue room that only hosted a few other guests. R (from England) and I headed out just before 7, sharing light and hoping that two brains and four eyes could keep an eye on the markers in the dark. We did! 

I like watching the stars and then the daylight slowly seep in. I was glad to be doing the walk in the cool morning instead of the hot afternoon. 

Coffee was shared with a fellow Seattle-ite and the morning walk was pretty. The Camino passed through farmlands and along canals. 

A few more representations of Santiago and a decorative rest stop:





I also saw another pilgrim dog! This one was pulled by its owner in a little cart behind a bike. I wish I could have gotten a better picture. :)

The afternoon was hotter and the Camino hugged the road, but it wasn't a busy one. 

Here's a map from the town I'm staying in tonight. My feet are holding up quite well. 

Kilometers walked:  25.24 (Fitbit), 29.12 (Buen Camino app). Another pilgrim's guidebook said 27...

No comments:

Post a Comment