Sunday, September 10, 2017

Day 6: Uterga - Lorca

Today was a rough one. The Camino is not all skipping through vineyards and prancing in the sun. I thought that after a good night's sleep I would be ready for a more typical day, but the combination of ups, downs, sun, wind and rain wore me out. The last few kilometers to Lorca were brutal and I really wondered why I had decided to do this... 

I stopped in Puente la Reina (above) for a hot drink and an escape from the rain. As predicted, the rain stopped around 10. But, I think I had weather from all four seasons!

Puente la Reina is a gorgeous little town and it has more services than many of the small villages. I bought some kinesthetic tape at a pharmacy here and it made a huge difference in how my knee felt. 

Approaching Ciraqui (above) I felt pretty good. I had a rest, a snack and commited to the next 5-ish k to the next village. As you can see from the photo, I'm starting to get into Spain's wine country. 

The Romans marched along this part of the Camino. 

I think it's normal to question your motivation when you commit to something like the Camino. Sharing experiences with other pilgrims at the albergue renewed me and I vowed to take an easier day, or even more easier days, as I make my way. 

Typical house that has embraced the scallop shell, one of the Camino's symbols. 

Kilometers walked: 27.11 (Fitbit), 20.44 (Buen Camino app). I know I took a wrong turn early in the day, so 2-3 k of variation here is probably due to that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment