Friday, September 8, 2017

Day 5: Trinidad de Arre - Uterga

Although the albergue last night was so cute, it took hours for me to settle in and get to sleep. With the early risers in our common room, I definitely did not get my 8 hours last night, which made today tough. 

I enjoyed seeing the almost full moon as I made my way out of town. I lost the arrows and shells (the Camino markers) and so lost some time backtracking and finding them again. 

The scallop shell is one of the symbols of the Camino and you can see many decorations along the way. 

Despite that "detour" I was surprised when I arrived to Pamplona, it wasn't far away! I met my walking friend from the day before for a coffee and then it was time to say goodbye (he was heading home after just doing a little of the Camino). Pamplona was just opening up, but I walked past, continuing on my way. 

It was a strange feeling walking out of Pamplona because now I am on a section of the Camino that I have walked before. I remembered where to go at the university on the way out of town to get a stamp and I remembered the climb up to the windmills and the towns after. It's an interesting experience knowing what is coming; it has its advantages and disadvantages. 

Rocky, dusty and hot as the morning wore on after Pamplona. I was on my way to those windmills! 

Making my way up...

Church in Zariquiegui

Typical snack shop; vending machines are common on the way too! 

There are even pop up food trucks!

Made it!

View and trail down the other side. 

Kilometers walked:  25.17 (Fitbit), 21.34 (Buen Camino app).

No comments:

Post a Comment