Monday, September 18, 2017

Day 15: Cardeñuela Riopico - Burgos

Today I started walking and it was already light out! And not so cold! I "splurged" on a room with just two bunk beds, and sharing with 3 other women (2 German, 1 French) was much more chill than a big room. 

Not the most picturesque day, but also part of the Camino. Following the shells becomes a real scavenger hunt in the cities; you need to stay alert!

I was out by 7:30 and I walked about 2 k until the next town before stopping for the daily coffee. Before I knew it I was to the outskirts of Burgos!

Many pilgrims take a bus the last 10k into the city and I thought I might too, but it was a good morning for walking and still early and I am here to walk, after all! 

I arrived to the historic center around 11 and wandered into an adorable cafe that had loose leaf teas and gluten free bread. A sandwich and green tea later I decided to check out the municipal albergue, which has solid reviews. 

For €5, I have a space shared with just one other pilgrim in this modern and clean facility. 

J from Australia. 

Common kitchen area. 

Bike storage space. 

Burgos is beautiful. 

My legs and body feel good; I am settling into the routine of walking and aches, pains and complaints are subsiding. My boots feel great, my backpack isn't too heavy and I feel strong. 

Plan for tonight: tapas and rest. 


Kilometers walked: 18.44 (Fitbit), 13.59 (Buen Camino app). I did wander around Burgos A LOT! 




No comments:

Post a Comment