Sunday, October 1, 2017

Day 27: Bodenaya - Campiello

Despite the super groovy vibes, I didn't sleep well last night. Worries danced in my brain as I lay in bed (yes, that can happen even on the Camino), I had weird dreams, I woke up in the middle of the night and even when David (our hospitalero) woke us up with gentle music and the sweet smell of fresh coffee, I didn't feel so fresh myself. Coffee and conversation helped. 


David is a super-hospitalero and had washed, dried and folded all of our clothes for us. 


I hugged David and said goodbye to this sweet place. 


It was the first rainy day in quite awhile and the first water I had seen on the Primitivo. Squish-squash as I went through the mud, rain jacket on and rain cover on my backpack. The mist made the mountains look pretty magical. There is a reason everything is all green!


Most of the path was okay, but some parts were quite muddy. Check out the mud and mushrooms here. 

I stopped to dry out and warm up with a tea in Tineo. I considered staying, but M, a lively and fast-walking woman from Madrid told me to move on!

Acorns underfoot. 


Wildflowers:


After the enchanted forest section of the walk, I was back in fields, passing cows. I had a snack sitting on a big, flat rock in the middle of the Camino and soaked in the sun (now out) and view. I felt like I was in a milk commercial (most of Spain's milk comes from this region of Spain).


I arrived at about 4... earlier than the last couple of days, but not really early. Oh well. I still had some time to rest, write and gear up for tomorrow. It's going to be another BIG day!

Kilometers walked: 26.41 (Fitbit), 25.37 (Buen Camino app). Some guidebooks quote 27...

No comments:

Post a Comment