Monday, October 9, 2017

Day 35: Melide - Brea

Despite a lovely, quiet room, I didn’t sleep a lot. I stretched and got out of bed as I heard the others in my room get ready. I had breakfast with M, a Korean girl I had met weeks ago on the French route (!) and then made my way out of town. It was still darkish as I turned to look back. You can see the stream of pilgrims... are they tired? Rested? Ready? Hungover? Excited? Bored?

And more amazing sunrise colors. :)

I soon ran into B, from Oregon and we chatted and met up with a few other family members at a coffee stop. The way felt busier, but not overly crowded. I had plenty of alone time and saw lots of Camino with no one else on it. 

And landscapes like this. 

Here I am in Ribadoso; a nice Basque man took my picture after we talked and walked for a bit. 

(I stayed in this village last year.)

But, there were also signs that we are on a more populated trail. Whoa! 

I made it farther than I thought, but not as far as some of my friends. I’m in a tiny village called Brea. A family here runs a little pension. I’m in a room for 4, but there are only 3 of us. There are a few other guests in private rooms. 

The facilities include gracious hospitality, a garden, swimming pool (!!!) and home-cooked dinner. This was some of the best food I’ve had on the Camino. 






News: I booked a small hotel and committed to arriving to Santiago tomorrow. Tomorrow! More on that... tomorrow. 

Kilometers walked: 26.66 (Fitbit), 44.49 (Buen Camino app, another bug, though 44 would be hardcore!).

2 comments:

  1. Oh yum!!! That dinner looks amazing! I hope you ) too advantage of the pool!! Love you friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes!!! All aspects of this pension were enjoyed. :)

    ReplyDelete