Thursday, October 12, 2017

Day 38: Santiago (yes, again)

My second full day in Santiago was much more restful than the first and it was also filled with joy, chance encounters and bittersweet goodbyes. First things first, I slept in! I lounged in bed, stretched, took my time and then packed up my backpack (I had to switch hostals) and went out to coffee. Over a soy milk café con leche, I worked on yesterday’s blog entry and looked up some information for my next 3-4 day Camino to the Galician coast. I’m looking at about 90 k to Finisterre and then another 30 to Muxia. 

I enjoyed a gentle wander through town and was glad not to be one of the tourists in line for the cathedral. 

I met Ch after she attended mass and we had a celebratory lunch... 

We are camino sisters. We started walking the same day (September 5) and met just the second day, not far outside Roncesvalles. Here we are with Compostela certificates in hand. 

I had a little more time to wander, I switched accommodations and had a little rest.

Then I met E for some plaza people watching and now I’m tucked in for an early bedtime; I’ve got to transition back to pilgrim time!


Kilometers walked: 8.51 (Fitbit). Hardly a Camino day, but there it is! 

No comments:

Post a Comment