Thursday, August 31, 2017

Cambodia: Kampot

After a few days at the beach, it was time to continue my Cambodian adventure. I took a tuk-tuk to a "bus" stop and then caught a van to Kampot. A couple of travelers in Siem Reap had recommended this town to me. The best recommendations always come from fellow travellers.  

Kampot as a town has some great spots to just hang out and enjoy a relaxed pace. However, the real charm to this place is that it is a great jumping off point for other activities. Once again, I felt crunched for time and I could easy wile away more days here.



Wandering along the river.
Activities that I didn’t do, but will get to next time: visiting the nearby mountain and beach, biking through farms and seeing the salt and pepper cultivation process and floating on the river!

So what did I do? I took yoga classes (Banteay Srey and Simple Things), got a traditional Cambodian massage, wandered the town, spent a day rock-climbing, hiking and rappelling with Climbodia (highly recommend them).
Here I go!
View from the top
Hiking
Inside the caves
Reclining Buddha in the caves
Pretending like I know what I am doing...
Yoga space above Simple Things.
Riverside lounging at Banteay Srey.
Where I stayed: The first room I booked was much different than advertised and had a broken lock and shower. I stayed the first night, but ended up changing to the very lovely La Java Bleue for the rest of my stay. Traveling in off-season lets you get good value and I loved my room, its view and the hotel's location.
A comfy home for a few days.
What I ate: There were a lot of vegetarian, healthy and gluten free options in Kampot. 
Veggie Curry
My favorite restaurant, hands-down, was Simple Things and the following pictures are from there. 

cute, cute, cute
Barbecue tempeh salad
GF vegan raw cheesecake
Stay tuned! There is one more stop before I leave Cambodia!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment