Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Números

Numbers

During my 3 weeks on the Camino de Santiago...

I cooked 7 meals.
I had a choice of 2 shirts each day (turquoise or blue).
I found 2 four leaf clovers.
I drank from 1 wine fountain (part of a monastery).
I ate 4 gluten free baked goods (!). 
I spent 6 months beforehand dreaming and planning.
I lost 3 bobby pins.
I stayed in 13 albergues (hostels).
I found and returned 1 bracelet to its owner.
I swam 2 times.
I drank 9 bottles of wine.
I collected 67 stamps in my pilgrim's passport. Actually, I used 2 pilgim's passports... (because the first one filled up.)
I slept 1 night in a tent.
I went to mass 2 times.
I had 19 picnics.
I took 2 ibuprofens.
I saw 0 bedbugs.
I got lost one time... somewhere between Rabanal el Camino and Molinaseca... 
I drank 40 coffees.
I got 1 blister (right heel).
I took 0 taxis.
I sampled 2 servings of pulpo (octopus).
I hand-washed clothes 17 times... I used a washing machine 1 time. 
I made many acquaintances and new friends (from the US, Spain, South Africa, France, Hong Kong, Costa Rica, Italy, Germany, Finland, Sweden...).
I walked 367.6 kilometers (228.4 miles); this is about half of the Camino.

  

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I can't believe you did all that! Love the pics! Way to goooo, Cascade!!

    ReplyDelete