Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Monsoon Season

Streets like this would warrant big news in the US...just another day of monsoons here!

The start of school swept me away... but at least it wasn't the rain! I'd like to share a little bit about our wet season, which is happening right now. It's funny to have left Seattle to be seeing a lot of gray skies and experiencing intense precipitation. But, this is the closest thing to a "winter" here and I am handling it just fine. Since arriving, the temperatures have hovered around 85 degrees, but the humidity is high. I haven't needed a cardigan, except for in some of the expat restaurants that turn the AC up high!

Rainy view of my street

My commute is just across that cross-walk! My quickest and easiest yet!
 
Looking out the window on the way to the stationary store. 
 
Business goes on as normal, despite flooded streets.
A little blurry, but you get the idea!
Check out the video I took from my balcony window. It really doesn't do it justice!

If you don't want to see this much water, come visit between November and February!

In October we'll move into the dry and warm season and then by March it will be dry and hot. My birthday is in summer here, not the first day of spring! I'll keep you updated on the seasons, especially you, dad.

What I'm reading: Bark by Lorrie Moore (This was my first kindle purchase in spring! Lorrie Moore doesn't disappoint.)

What I'm listening to: Purity Ring, Spoon, Nacho Vegas


1 comment:

  1. I cannot imagine that intense of flooding being "normal"! I would be freaked to be in a car and feel the water bumping under it...let me OOOUUUT!!! lol

    ReplyDelete